SIL, SDA, ILO & Respite

Service Icon - Housing

Having a place to call home is important to all of us. It gives us a sense of security, privacy, and identity, and is somewhere we can rest, relax, and recharge.

There are three types of disability housing options that can be funded by the NDIS:

  • Supported Independent Living (SIL)
  • Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
  • Individualised living Option (ILO)
  • Respite and Short-term Accommodation (STA)

Supported Independent Living (SIL)

SIL funding is included in your NDIS plan so that you can purchase supports to live more independently in your home. SIL funding is for inhouse support, like support workers who can help you with things like cleaning, cooking, and your personal care.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)

SDA homes are purposely designed so that they are tailored to your disability needs, whatever that may be. For example, these are homes that have wider doors and ramps for wheelchair access, large living areas for freedom of movement, and furniture options to suit specific needs.

Individualised Living Option (ILO)

ILO a support that let you and your family choose the home you like to live in and set up your supports in the way that best suit your needs. An ILO is the support package that can assist you to live in the way you want, how you want and, in the environment, or location you choose. Individualised living option supports can be changed if your needs change and will be designed to provide the safety, stability and flexibility you need.

Respite & Short-term Accommodation (STA), or Medium-term accommodations (MTA)

Respite and short-term/medium-term accommodation options can help you build your independence skills and is a good way for you to try different ways of living. You can also use respite options when your carers are not available, so you can have someone there to support you. For example, you can share your home with friends or housemate; you want to live with a host family; or live on your own with the support you need.

SIL, SDA & Respite at My Way

My Way offer many different types of housing options, including SIL, SDA and respite/STA. We have houses in the Perth metropolitan area, and you can choose to stay on your own or share the house with other people.

The team at My Way can discuss which option you this will best suit your lifestyle and disability needs.